Edmond Cropper Sr.
- Born: Abt 1715, Somerset Co., MD
- Marriage (1): Sarah (?)
- Died: 10 Nov 1756-17 Jan 1757, Worcester Co., MD
In the 1740 Somerset Co. Tax List, an Edmund Cropper Sr. is listed in Baltimore Hundred as head of household. He is near to the households of Edmund Cropper Jr., Nathaniel Jr. and Nathaniel Sr. with Vincent Cropper as dependent. However, this Edmund is Edmund Jr., son of Nathaniel as we find by tracing the Tax Lists from 1723-1740. Edmund Jr. first shows up in the household of Nathaniel Sr. in 1730 suggesting he was born c1715.
On Nov 30 1751 Ebenezer Cropper Sr. et uxor Elizabeth sold 100a of tract "Hog Quarter" (as "Edmond's Purchase") to Edmond Cropper Jr., son of Nathaniel Cropper. (WoLR-B:390). On Mar 6 1754, Edmond Cropper Sr., son of Nathaniel, et uxor Sarah, sold this same land to Edmond Cropper, son of Ebenezer. (WoLR-C:120)
Edmond Crapper's will was written in Worcester Co., MD on Nov 10 1756 and probated Jan 17 1757. In it he mentions:
- To son Edmond, land and plantation where I live
- to rest of children: Molly, Sophia, Rachel, Nathaniel, the balance to be divided.
- To my two youngest children Rachel and Nathaniel, 5 shillings more
- To Vivien? and son Edmund to be executors.
Witnesses: Nathaniel Rackliffe, Isaac Marshall, Jenney? Rackliffe. (MDWills-30:257)
Edmond married Sarah (?).