- Born: Abt 1763, Worcester Co., MD
- Marriage (1): Mary (Polly) Hearn about 1784 in Worcester Co., MD
- Marriage (2): Mrs. Nancy Short about 1790 in Worcester Co., MD
- Died: Bef 26 Mar 1824, Worcester Co., MD
On Mar 2 1799, Elijah Melson of Worcester Co. paid £80 to Samuel Hearn of Sussex Co and Hezekiah Maddox of Worcester Co. for 101a of land that is tract "Rebeccas Delight" and part of the tract "Security Enlarged" (WoLR-T:146).
There are two Elijah Melsons listed for Worcester Co., MD in the 1810 Census. This one is likely the one with household as 12001-11001 given the neighboring families.
Elijah Melson's will was written on Jan 2 1816 and probated in Worcester Co., MD on Mar 26 1824:
- To son Elijah Melson, 101a of land in Worcester County called "Rebeccas Delight" and part of "Security Enlarged" also part of "Last Choice" 26a, also part of "Stephens Security" 64a, also the tract in Worcester whereon my house now stands called "Melsons Addition Enlarged" containing 25a. Also my best horse, bridle & saddle, one bed/furniture.
- To son Samuel Melson, tract "Melsons Addition" 50a and all my other land in Worcester County not already devised
- To daughter Nancy Melson, one bed/furniture, one cow/calf.
- All the rest of my estate to be divided between my four daughters Sally, Eliza, Polly and Nancy
- Appoint son Samuel Melson as sole executor
Witnesses: Benjamin Melson, David Smith, Millay Melson (WoW-1822/33:82)
Elijah married Mary (Polly) Hearn about 1784 in Worcester Co., MD. (Mary (Polly) Hearn was born in 1766 in Worcester Co., MD and died in 1789 in Worcester Co., MD.)
Elijah next married Mrs. Nancy Short about 1790 in Worcester Co., MD. (Mrs. Nancy Short was born about 1765 and died before 1816 in Worcester Co., MD.)