George Brickhouse Jr. 1
- Born: Abt 1671, Northampton Co., VA
- Marriage (1): Mary Major about 1696 in Northampton Co., VA
- Died: 19 Sep 1713-17 Nov 1713, Northampton Co., VA
He inherited land in 1689 at tract N63, Sea Side east of Marionville, Northampton Co, VA. The George Brickhouse who died in 1713 was the son of the George Brickhouse who died in 1689 and who patented this tract in 1672. Whitelaw did not mention the father son relationship.
George Brickhouse (as Brighouse) wrote his will on Sep 19 1713 and it was proven in Northampton Co. on Nov 17 1713 as:
- To my beloved wife Mary, my entire estate during her widowhood
- To son William, my 400a of land within the fence called "Cow Neck"
- To son Major, the 100a remainder of land one west side of Cow Bridge Gut and 100a lying between Castle Ridge Creek and Wolfe Creek
- To son Peter, 300a that is all my Castle Ridge north of the Cow Bridge.
- To son Jedidiah, 500a of my fowling point as far as the first eastward running creek of Wolfe Creek and to nearest prong of Terrapin (as Taripan) Gut
- To son John all 700a remainder of my land
- To daughter Hannah
- After wife's widowhood, all my negroes to be divided between my sons and daughters
- Wife to be executrix
Witnesses: John Beloitt, Annah Beloitt, William Tankard (NoVAW-XXI-R:52)
George married Mary Major, daughter of William Major and Mary Dalby, about 1696 in Northampton Co., VA. (Mary Major was born about 1676 in Accomack Co., VA.)