Francis Disharoon 1
- Born: Abt 1743, Worcester Co., MD
- Marriage (1): Sarah Hearn after 1762
- Died: 06 Apr 1788-24 May 1788, Somerset Co., MD 2
Francis Disharoon owned parts of tracts "Havana" and "Watsons Discovery". These are located on the southern edge of Fruitland, MD along and east of US Route 13 (2017). He had purchased 40 of the 100a in the tract "Watsons Discovery" from his brother George Disharoon on Dec 12 1767 (SoLR-D:159). "Havana" was a very large tract of almost 880a and he purchased 14.5 a of it from Christopher/Alce Glass on Oct 10 1768 (SoLR-D:255) and another 85.5a from them on Aug 5 1772 (SoLR-E:197).
On Aug 25 1761, Francis Disharoon received his legacy from his grandfather Francis Langkake's will of 36..10..01 (SoJ-1760/63:150)
On Mar 17 1784, Francis Disharoon purchased, for 2 acres of tract "Come By Chance" from Jonathan Stanford (SoLR-G:480). George Disharoon had sold this lot to Standford in 1772 (SoLR-E:188). Compiler's note: this was part of the very small section of this tract that fell on the Somerset Co. side - most of the tract was within Worcester Co. This segment is within the limits of modern Fruitland, MD on the northwest side of Division Street between Main Street and St. Lukes Road.
Francis Disharoon wrote his will Apr 6 1788 and it was proven in Somerset Co., MD on May 24 1788 with the following provisions:
- To my beloved wife Sarah all my estate which includes 40a part of tract called "Walsons Discovery" and 100a part of "Havannah" during her widowhood, also one negro woman called Bet and her increase
- To son Ebbin (and as Eben in this record) Disharoon, all my lands and improvements after marriage or death of my wife, also negro woman Chloe and her increase and negro boy Charles which he to receive when he arrives at the age of 21.
- To daughter Anna one negro girl Reis
- To daughter Patty, one negro girl Juda
- To daughter Franky, one negro girl Casa
- To daughter Molly, one negro girl Mary
- To daughter Sarah, one negro boy Draper
- All the rest to my wife and she as executrix
Witnesses: Jas. Bennett, Newton Disharoon, Joshua Disharoon (SoW-EB1:301)
Francis married Sarah Hearn, daughter of Thomas Hearn and Sarah Newbold, after 1762. (Sarah Hearn was born about 1740 in Somerset Co., MD and died after 1789.)