- Born: 18 Dec 1780, Somerset Co., MD 1 2 3 4 5 6
- Marriage (1): Mary (Polly) Pollitt on 05 Dec 1810 in MD 1
- Marriage (2): Sarah (Sallie) Disharoon on 09 Jan 1833 in Somerset Co., MD 1
- Died: 31 Oct 1873, Wicomico Co., MD 1
- Buried: Abt 02 Nov 1873, Morris Family Graveyard, Wicomico Co., MD
James Morris wrote his will Feb 8 1871 and it was proven in Wicomico Co., MD on Nov 18 1873:
- To wife Sally - half of home farm her lifetime
- To son Thomas C. Morris - half of farm and wife's half of farm at her death and also tract of 50 acres called "Careys Folly" and 5 acres of "Collins Lot"
- To Levin F. Morris (son?) - $400 "The outline of the land that is to be divided is joining William P. Morris, Josiah McGrath, Michael Carey and John Robinson … containing 400 acres"
- To son Samuel J. - land adjoining the mills and half of mills
- To William P. Morris and Amandy Pollitt - Samuel's share if his children die before they are of age
- To Emmy Paton - $100
- To son William P. Morris - ¼ of mills and tract called "Hog Range" or a swamp called Justice Swamp adjoining the lands of Henry Robinson. This land on the south side of the road from the corner of John Morris's new ground until it strikes the line of "Careys Folly"
- To son Jacob Morris - ¼ of mills
- To daughter Matildy Hayman - 12 railroad shares
- To son John Morris - land that he has in cultivation called "the new ground" and tract "Hopewell" containing 79a and tract "Timber Range" of 169 acres
- To daughter Amandy Pollitt - tract called "Holefast" that I bought of Jane Pollitt
- Executor: son Thomas
Witnesses: Benjamin H. Parker, Levern W. Fooks, Washington (Samuel W) Parker (WiW-WB1:125)
James married Mary (Polly) Pollitt, daughter of Samuel Pollitt and Elizabeth (Betsy) Heath, on 05 Dec 1810 in MD.1 (Mary (Polly) Pollitt was born on 08 Nov 1791 in Somerset Co., MD 1 and died on 07 May 1831 in MD.)
James next married Sarah (Sallie) Disharoon, daughter of John Jacob Disharoon and Elizabeth Covington, on 09 Jan 1833 in Somerset Co., MD.1 (Sarah (Sallie) Disharoon was born on 21 Sep 1804 in MD 7 8 9 and died on 12 Apr 1880 in MD 1.)
Bible Records of James Morris - 1858: As given in the Dryden Collection at Salisbury State University.
1850 MD Census, Listed as age 69 in the 1850 Worcester Co., MD Census, born in MD.
1860 MD Census, Listed as James Morris, age 80, in Nutters, Worcester Co., MD.
1830 MD Census, Listed as age 40-50 in the 1830 District 6, Worcester Co., MD Census.
1820 MD Census, Listed as age 26-45 in the 1820 District 5, Worcester Co., MD Census.
1870 MD Census, Listed as age 90 in the 1870 Salisbury District, Wicomico Co., MD Census.
1850 MD Census, Listed as age 45 in the 1850 Worcester Co., MD Census, born in MD.
1860 MD Census, Listed as age 56 in the 1860 Nutters, Worcester Co., MD Census.
1870 MD Census, Listed as age 65 in the 1870 Salisbury District, Wicomico Co., MD Census.