David Edmunds 1
- Born: 1682, Northampton Co., VA
- Marriage (1): Unknown
- Died: 27 Dec 1735-13 Jan 1736, Northampton Co., VA
On Nov 30 1697, David Edmunds, son of Owen Edmunds dec'd (as Edmonds), chose a guardian in Northampton Co., VA. "This day David Edmonds, the son of Owen Edmonds dec'd, made his humble motion to the court (being 15 years of age as affirmed by his mother) to make choice of a guardian which being accordingly granted, he requested his mother Sarah Edmonds the widow and admin'rx of the said decedent to take guardianship of him till he attains to age according to his father's will, who accepted thereof which the court concedes to, she giving bond with security to be answerable to him for which estate shall belong to him when he attains to age aforesaid."
David Edmunds wrote his will on Dec 27 1735 and it was proven on Jan 13 1735/6 at Northampton Co, VA.
- To my son Elijah part of my land bounded by the fishing landing, the main road, and the point field.
- To son Jonathan the remainder of my land bounding northerly of the main road and adjoining to Elijah.
- To my sons David and Thomas Edmunds 150a over the main road to be equally divided
- To daughter Anne Edmunds large gold ring.
- To daughter Joanna Edmunds.
- To my daughter Sarah Edmunds silver spoon.
Residual legatees: wife (not named) and children; sons Elijah and John to be executors.
Witnesses: Jonathan Stott, Nehemiah Stott, John Mackallon. Elijah Edmunds excepted against the devise of the lands given him. Jonathan Edmunds refused the executorship and Elijah Edmunds qualified. (NoVAW-XXVI-R-18:136)