Matthew Floyd Sr. 1
- Born: Abt 1680, Northampton Co., VA
- Marriage (1): Sarah Green about 1714 in Northampton Co., VA
- Died: 15 Apr 1751-09 Jun 1752, Northampton Co., VA
Matthew Floyd Sr. made his will on Apr 15 1751 and it was proven on Jun 9 1752 at Northampton Co., VA.
- To my son Charles 160a being the south side of my land, one hand mill and a pair of small steelyards.
- To my son Matthew, 115a being the north side of my land adjoining Thomas Bell.
- To my son Berry, 69a of the land that was Samuel Floyd's south side adjoining the land that his uncle Berry Floyd gave him, half part of Rogues Island being 100 A., my cooper's tools, and all my wearing apparel.
- To my daughter Sarah Fathery my largest iron pot.
- To daughter Mary Floyd £3 10s.
- Legatees to be my five children above named, son Charles as executor
Witnesses: Matthew Harmanson, Isaac Clegg, William Andrews, Patrick Harmanson (NoVAW-XXVIII-R-20:253)
Matthew married Sarah Green, daughter of John Green Sr. and Alice Cobb, about 1714 in Northampton Co., VA. (Sarah Green was born about 1690 in Northampton Co., VA.)