Charles Floyd 1
- Born: Abt 1716, Northampton Co., VA
- Marriage (1): Esther (?) about 1756 in Northampton Co., VA
- Died: 08 Sep 1779-14 Mar 1780, Northampton Co., VA
Charles made a will on Sep 8 1779 and it was proven on Mar 14 1780 in Northampton Co., VA:
- To my son Matthew 120a on the north side of my land, negro boy Steven, my old long gun and my safe.
- To my son Charles 115a on the south side of my land, a 'buckineer' gun, one old 'furnice', my cedar chest, walnut desk and £4.
- To my daughter Sarah Evans negro woman Sarah, chest of drawers and £7. To my daughter Mary Abdel negro girl Tamer, cherry tree desk and £7.
- To loving wife Esther £7 and the use of remaining estate during widowhood and then to be divided by wife and four children.
- To sons Matthew and Charles all my carpenter's tools, my petty auger and canoe, my whipsaw and cross cut saw, about £30 due me from Andrew and John Hampton, and extrs.
Witnesses: Archibald Garritson, Zorobabel Henderson, Matthew Floyd (NoVAW-26:329)
Charles married Esther (?) about 1756 in Northampton Co., VA. (Esther (?) was born about 1740 in VA.)