- Born: 1716, Somerset Co., MD
- Marriage (1): Sarah (?) about 1740 in Somerset Co., MD
- Marriage (2): Ann (?) about 1760
- Died: 13 Sep 1770-19 Oct 1770, Worcester Co., MD
George Hardy first shows in the Somerset Tax Lists in 1731 (age 15).
On Sep 20 1752, George Hardy, son of Robert Hardy and grandson of James Hardy, et uxor Sarah Hardy sold 150a "Barbers Rest" to Charles Handy for "100 pistoles" (SoLR-A:261). On Feb 19 1762, George Hardy, cordwainer, grandson of Robert Hardy, grantee (sic, GREAT grandson), signed release for "Barbers Rest" and "Barbers Addition" over to Thomas Irving (SoLR-C:112).
George Hardy wrote his will Sep 13 1770 and it was proven in Worcester Co. on Oct 19 1770
- To grandson George Hardy, son of Thomas, my gun
- To granddaughter Anne Claypole, d/o Jehu Claypole, a bay colt named Topen and also my dwelling plantation at the decease of my wife
- To beloved wife Ann, all the rest of my estate during her widowhood then it to fall to my children Thomas Hardy, Sarah Claypole and Elizabeth Gale except wife Ann is to have 2 cows and 2 old beds that were hers when I entered marriage with her
- Wife Ann to be sole executrix.
Witnesses: Thomas Wingate, Sally Wingate, Smith Wingate (WoW-1769/83:17)
George married Sarah (?) about 1740 in Somerset Co., MD. (Sarah (?) was born about 1720 in Somerset Co., MD.)
George next married Ann (?) about 1760.