- Born: Abt 1707, Somerset Co., MD
- Marriage (1): Margaret Tomlinson
- Died: 16 Dec 1773-11 Mar 1774, Worcester Co., MD 1
On May 12 1732, Nehemiah Cropper, planter, et ux. Margaret sold land in tract "Red Land" Cropper to John Pope, planter. (SoLR-AZ:26).
In the 1740 Somerset Co. Tax List, Nehemiah Cropper is listed as head of a household in Bogerternorton Hundred. He is near to Ebenezer Cropper that also includes dependent Edmund Crapper, Ebenezer and John Cropper. He is listed in all the extant Somerset Lists from 1723-1740 but he is a dependent in households form the years 1723-1725 suggesting he was jsut coming of age around age 15.
On Apr 11 1766 (225 ac) John Smock sold 225a of tract "Partnership" to Nehemiah Cropper and 88a of the same tract to his brother Thomas Smock. (WoLR-F:486)
Nehemiah Cropper's will was written Dec 16 1773 and probated Mar 11 1774 in Worcester Co., MD. It mentions:
- To son Levi Cropper, 62.5a of land on north end of "Partnership", and he the executor.
- To son Jesse Cropper, 62.5a of the aforesaid land.
- To daughters Olive Burbage, Ede Morris.
- To grandson Henry Smocke, 64 acres, that bounds on Thomas Smocke.
- To grandson John Smocke, the balance of "Partnership"
Witnesses: Solomon Collings, Thomas Smock, John Smith. (WoW-1769/83:227).
Nehemiah married Margaret Tomlinson.