Moses Driskell Sr. 1
- Born: 17 Sep 1689, Somerset Co., MD 2
- Marriage (1): Catherine Elgate on 04 Feb 1713 in Somerset Co., MD 1
- Died: 11 Aug 1755-25 Nov 1755, Worcester Co., MD
In the March Court of Somerset in 1733/4, we find that "Ordered that Moses Driskill be overseer from Lodowicks Savannough to the Long bridge at Wickacomoco river &a" (SoJ-1733/35:139)
Moses Driskell's will was written Aug 11 1755 and probated Nov 25 1755 as Moses Driskell, Sr, of Worcester County, Saddler.
- To daughter Rachel Toadvine, 5 shillings
- To son William, 5 shillings
- To daughter Mary Ruark, 5 shillings
- To daughter Comfort Hill, 5 shillings
- To granddaughter Sarah Boice, 5 shillings
- To son Moses Driskell my dwelling plantation and 225a of land at NW end of "Kinsale"
- To son Moses, one feather bed, bed stead and furniture which he already has
- To son Elgate Driskell, 125a of land on SE end of afsd land
- To son Elgate, one feather bed, bed stead and furniture he already has.
- To wife Katherine Driskell my land and houses for her life.
Witnesses: James Cathell Sr, Jonathan Cathell, James Cathell Jr. (WoW-1742/59:154)
Moses married Catherine Elgate, daughter of William Elgate Jr. and Sarah Keene, on 04 Feb 1713 in Somerset Co., MD.1 (Catherine Elgate was born about 1691 in Somerset Co., MD and died after 1758 in Worcester Co., MD.)