- Born: Abt 1625
- Marriage (1): Frances (?) before 1665
- Died: 11 Sep 1680-01 Nov 1683, Northampton Co., VA
In 1682, Edmund Kelly with wife Frances left his 350a plantation, part of Whitelaw tract N97 to step-grandson Edmund Johnson, son of Jeptha Johnson. The land was not mentioned in Edmund Johnson's lifetime but went to a son Kelly Johnson.
Edmund Kelly wrote his will Sep 11 1680 and it was proven in Northampton Co., on Nov 1 1683:
- To loving wife Frances for life all my land being by patent and conveyance
- To Edmund Johnson, son of Jeptha Jhnson, 350a which I now live on but for want of lawful heirs to Obediance, 2nd son of Jeptha. If they have no heirs, then to the other children of Jeptha unless Jeptha has another son lawfully begotten then the land shall go to him.
- To Obediance Johnson, son of Jeptha, 250a tract that Thomas Barton now liveth
- To Sarah Johnson, daughter of Jeptha, 150a called "Scotts Quarter"
- To Lawrence (sic, Luranah), 2nd daughter of Jeptha, 150a plantation where her father now lives after the death of her father/mother
- To the child that Elizabeth, wife of Jeptha, now goeth with, 200a beginning a half mile above Scotts Quarter and ending at the line of Thomas Bell.
- As I have given land to several children of Jeptha Johnson, they to allow free passage to all persons to the creek side landing at Nassawadox (as Nusswaddox) Creek.
- To god-son Thomas, son of Philip Fisher, one cow and calf
- To Thomas, son of Thomas Maddox, one cow/calf
- To Elizabeth, daughter of William Abden, one cow/calf
- To friend Morgan Dowell, one cow
- To son-in-law Jeptha Johnson, one cow
- Wife to be executrix
Witnesses: Dr. James Watt, Joane Simpson, Owen Marsh (NoVAW-XIII-11:249)
Edmund married Frances (?) before 1665. (Frances (?) was born about 1628 and died about 1688.)