- Marriage (1): Mary (?)
- Died: 1702, Northampton Co., VA
*Uncertain that he is related to Andrew Hamilton b. c1676.
Robert Hamilton wrote his will on Feb 5 1701/2 and it was proven in Northampton Co. on Jun 4 1703 with the following provisions (paraphrased):
- To son Robert and Isaac, 300a in Accomack Co. at the head of Messengers Creek former belonging to Edmund Bowman to be equally divided
- To son Robert, a bed bought from Col. Custis, one cow named "Gentle" and a hand mill after his mother's death
- To son Isaac, cow named "Hopewell"
- To daughter Mary Hamilton, one cow named "Pugnate"
- To Benjamin Foster, one horse in lieu of 200 lbs of tobacco I owe him, a cow/calf that came of "Filipaile" and a ewe/lamb
- If wife marries then sons to be of age at 18, else to stay with their mother till age 21
- Loving wife Mary as legatee and executrix
- Friends Maj. William Waters and Thomas Savage to oversee
Witnesses: Thomas Savage, Grace Banks, Elizabeth Hardnedge (NoVAW-XVIII-14:151)
Robert* married Mary (?).