Maj. Edmond Bowman
- Born: 1620
- Marriage (1): Margaret (?) about 1645 in VA
- Marriage (2): Elizabeth (?) about 1662 in Accomack Co., VA
- Marriage (3): Katherine West before 1681 in VA
- Died: 26 Feb 1692-16 Mar 1692, Accomack Co., VA
Edmund Bowman was born circa 1620 as he, as Maj. Edmd Bowman, was deposed as age 55 in May 1675.
Maj. Edmund Bowman patented land in 1654 at Lower Norfolk Co, VA on a branch of the Elizabeth River. Capt. Edmund Bowman and Richard Starnell received a joint patent for 1,200a on a branch of the Elizabeth River, but as it was not Shore land it was not traced (in Whitelaw). Among the head rights for that patent were Margaret, Garthred (Gertrude?) and Sarah Bowman; the first supposedly was his wife and the others their daughters. (See Whitelaw, Tract A92, Volume II, pages 1039-1050 for a long treatise on the Bowman abd Cropper families in Accomack Co., VA)
He made his will on Feb 26 1691/2 and it was probated on Mar 15 1691/2 in Accomack Co., VA.
- To wife and daughter Gertrude Cropper plantation where I now live from the Cowpen Branch to the seaboard side and all marsh belonging to it for life, then to grandson Sebastian Cropper.
- To grandson Edmund Bowman Cropper land called Church Neck binding upon Folly Branch. To grandson Nathaniel Cropper land between small beare branch and Cowpen branch.
- To grandaughter Elizabeth Atkins 200 acres. Land on Messongo to be sold for the good of my estate.
- To grandson Southy Littleton.
- To granddaughter Gertrude Littleton. Wife (no name) and daughter Gertrude Cropper residual legatees and Extrs.
Witnesses: William Parker, William Bunting and William Martiall.
Edmond married Margaret (?) about 1645 in VA. (Margaret (?) was born about 1625 and died before 1662 in Accomack Co., VA.)
Edmond next married Elizabeth (?) about 1662 in Accomack Co., VA.
Edmond next married Katherine West before 1681 in VA. (Katherine West was born on 09 Jan 1635.)