- Born: Bef 1735, Somerset Co., MD
- Marriage (1): Hannah (?)
- Died: Bef Aug 1779, Sussex Co., DE
Uncertain parentage for Elizabeth Hopkins. This Robert does mention a daughter Betty in his will written on Apr 27 1779 but, is it this Betty Hopkins? High probability but still uncertainty until more proof can cement/deny the hypothesis. A large negative to this hypothesis is that the Robert Hopkins family lived farily remote from the Gordy household. That stated, there are no close-by Hopkins' in the proper timeframe and Robert Hopkins is the closest with the land "Jacobs Ridge" being between modern Laurel and Millsboro, DE.
Robert Hopkins, planter, wrote his will on Apr 27 1779 and it was probated in Aug 1779 (no day given) in Sussex Co., DE:
- To beloved wife Hannar, one bridle/saddle and a third part of my moveeable estate.
- To son, George, 50a of land whereon he now lives called "Jacobs Ridge" and one shilling
- To son Robert, 100a of land called "Warrentons Chance" and 10a called "Chance" and the horse called Dolphin
- To daughter Sarah Collins, Jane Mears, Leah Hopkins, Comfort Parsons, Rachel Rotten, each one shilling
- To daughter Betty Hopkins, bed/furniture and 2-year old heifer
- To son Leven Hopkins, 10 shillings
- To daughter Ann Nibbs seven pounds ten shillings
- appoint wife Hannah and son Robert as executors
Witnesses: Levin Conaway, James Otwell, Luke Fleetwood (SxW-C:332-334)
Robert* married Hannah (?).