- Born: 17 Feb 1670, Somerset Co., MD
- Marriage (1): Mary Toadvine
- Died: 16 Aug 1746-08 Mar 1749, MD
In the Somerset Co Judicial Records (SoJ-1730/33:292) for the March Court 1733 (NS), we find depositions ordered by Commission and Affidavits, Thomas Brereton, for boundaries of "Hopewell" and "High Meadow". A number of people deposed as follows: Richard Chambers (age 44), Michael Raglin [Ragly] (25), Olive Chambers (46), Patrick Daly (41), Thomas Poole (45), Charles Hayman (20), Joseph Stanford (39), William Hayman (66), Henry Dorman (60), Thomas Pollitt (40) (who names Mary Brererton the daughter of Richard Chambers), James Hayman (29)
William Hayman wrote his will Aug 16 1746 and it was proven in Worcester Co. on Mar 8 1749 (NS)
- To son William, 100a of land laid out of the middle of the tract I now dwell on that contains 200a
- To son Nicholas, 50a of land being part of the afsd tract on the end next to John Caldwell's mill
- To son Henry, 50a being the balance of the afsd land
- each of the afsd brothers to pay their brother Charles 40 shillings each
- All moveable estate to be divided among my seven children Charles, William, Nicholas, Henry, Mary, Sarah and Elenor Toadvine.
- Appoint son William to be sole executor.
Witnesses: John Shockley, Nicholas Fountain, Stephen Roach, Benjamin Shockley (WoW-1742/59:61)
William married Mary Toadvine.