(Abt 1645-Abt 1695)
- Born: Abt 1645, England
- Marriage (1): Alice Lane
- Died: Abt 1695, Somerset Co., MD
From Old Somerset Liber IKL:
Charles Hall the sonne of Charles Hall was borne of Alce his wife at Anamessex ye 22th day of ffebruary Annoq Dom one thousand six hundred sixty and five
Sarah Hall the daughter of Charles hall was borne of Alce his wife at Anamessex the 26th day of May Ao Dom one thousand six hundred sixty and eight
Katherine Hall the daughter of Charles Hall was borne of Alce his wife at Anamessex ye 20th day of June Ao Dom one thousand six hundred and seaventy
Alce Hall the daughter of Charles Hall was borne of Alce his wife at Anamessex ye 2d day of June Annoq Domini one thousand six hundred seaventy & three
Mary Hall ye daughter of Charles Hall was borne att Annamessex of Alce his wife ye sixteenth day of August Anno Dominy one thousand six hundred seaventy & ffive
Rachell Hall ye daughter of Charles Hall was borne of Alce his wife in Annamessex ye third day of July Annoq Dominy one thousand six hundred seaventy seaven
James Curtis & Sarah Hall the daughter of Charles Hall were maried by Mr. William Traile minister the second day of Feby one thousand six hundred eighty & five
Charles Hall had surveyed for him and patented land in old Somerset as one of the first settlers (survey date shown):
(1) Mar 23 1663: "Halls Choice" for 300a on the north side of the Annamessex River
(2) Feb 4 1680: "Halls Adventure" for 250a on the north side of the Annamessex River
(3) Dec 22 1680: "Halls Hummock" for 100a on the north side of the Annamessex River below the mouth of Halls Creek
(4) Jul 2 1688: "Halls Pasture" for 100a on the north side of the Annamessex River below "Halls Hummock"
These four patents encompass a total of 750a and lie in a line adjacent to each. On the modern map, they are located on the road from Westover to Frenchtown/Rumbley, MD about halfway from US13 to Rumbley. "Halls Adventure" includes the small village of Upper Fairmount and "Halls Choice", "Halls Hummock" and "Halls Pasture" connect with each other, respectivly to the south. "Halls Pasture" is primarily swampland/marsh and is probably named as a pasture because it was dedicated for use of Charles Hall's livestock. Hall's Creek called out in the 1680 "Halls Hummock" survey is still named as such in the modern day (2017).
On Jan 29 1695 (new style), Charles Hall Sr. and his wife Alice convey the land to Charles Hall Jr. as a deed of gift probably because the elder Charles was dying and they made the transfer ahead of any probate (SoLR-L1:257). Very soon afterwards, Charles Hall Jr. deeds 1/3rd of the land back to his mother Alice Hall to fulfill her dower rights while she is still living (Ibid:299). On Jul 22 1709, Charles Hall Jr. bequeaths this land to his sons Richard and Charles Hall (SoW-EB5:147).
Charles married Alice Lane. (Alice Lane was born about 1646 in England and died about 1724 in Somerset Co., MD.)