Richard Knowles I 1
- Born: 1718, Somerset Co., MD
- Marriage (1): Patience Prettyman about 1745
- Died: 19 Jan 1791-05 Mar 1791, Sussex Co., DE
Richard Knowles will was written in Sussex Co., DE on Jan 19 1791 and probated Mar 5 1791. In it, he bequeaths the following:
- son Richard Knowles, part of the tract he now lives between the forks of Cod Creek and along the lines of KNOWLES VENTURE, east to line of marked trees between he and grandosn Charles Knowles.
- daughter-in-law Betty Knowles, widow of son Charles, KNOWLES VENTURE land she lives for her life, then to grandson Charles Knowles.
- son Thomas Knowles, the remainder of land KNOWLES VENTURE
- son Zacahriah, one shilling
- son James, 220 acres of land he now lives bordering KNOWLES VENTURE and one-third of saw mill.
- daughter Nancy Marvel one feather bed and furniture I commonly lie on and one cow/calf.
- grandson Obediah Wills, son of daughter Eve Wills, one shilling
- granddaughter Agnes Knowles, daughter of Zachariah Knowles, one feather bed and furniture she commonly lies on, one spinning wheel, and five pounds
- son Edmind Knowles, one shilling
- daughter Abigail Ellis, wife of Joshua Ellis, one shilling
- son Ephraim Knowles, 2/3rds of my saw mill and 50a of land whereo the saw mill stands taken upon theyear of seventy-six to include his house/plantation and my house/plantation and also my still.
- daughter Prudence, one bed/furniture with furniture to include 1 bolster, 1 pillow, 2 blankets, two quilts, one sheet, one cow/calf, one read chest and 5 pounds
- remainder to children, Richard Knowles, Patience Collings, Elizabeth Vinson, Sarah Hayward, Thomas Knowles, James Knowles, Aseny Prettyman, Ephraim Knowles, Nancy Marvel, Prudence Knowles.
Richard married Patience Prettyman about 1745. (Patience Prettyman was born about 1720 in Somerset Co., MD and died about 1771 in Sussex Co., DE.)