- Born: 02 Jan 1807, Worcester Co., MD 2 3
- Marriage (1): Leah Murray on 04 Dec 1843 in Somerset Co., MD 1
- Died: 17 Oct 1870, Wicomico Co., MD
- Buried: Abt 20 Oct 1870, Presbyterian Church Cemetery, Salisbury, Wicomico Co., MD
Samuel Gordy wrote his will Oct 1 1870 and it was proven in Wicomico Co., MD on Oct 24 1870
- To sons William S. Gordy and Samuel E. Gordy - my storehouse and lot and all the buildings attached, wharf, and granary where I now do business. Also stock of goods
- To daughters Laura F. and Mary E. Gordy - $1000 each and my piano forte
- To son William - lot opposite to the railroad depot and my gold watch
- To son Samuel - house and lot near the depot now occupied by John Karper and the farm where my father lived and died
- To daughters and son Samuel - house and lot in Salisbury where I now live
- To daughter Laura - house and lot opposite my store on Division Street in Salisbury adjoining the post office and $500,
- The house and lot where J. Parkes lives, the house and lot where Prissy Waller lives, the house and lot where Gillis Gordy lives, the house and lot where John Brewington lives and the lot of George W. Todd on The road leading to Middle Neck Bridge are to be sold and the proceeds divided among my children
- To daughter Mary - $500
- To wife Leah - bed and furniture, horse Peter and the carriage and her dower
Executor: son William
Witnesses: George W. Todd, William W. Gordy, Thomas Humphreys (WiW-WB1:58)
Samuel married Leah Murray on 04 Dec 1843 in Somerset Co., MD.1 (Leah Murray was born on 16 May 1816 in Worcester Co., MD,4 5 died on 11 Oct 1871 in Wicomico Co., MD and was buried about 14 Oct 1871 in Presbyterian Church Cemetery, Salisbury, Wicomico Co., MD.)
Somerset Co., MD Marriage Records.
1850 MD Census, Listed as age 43 in District 5, Worcester Co.
1870 MD Census, Listed as age 63 in Salisbury, Wicomico Co.
1850 MD Census, Listed as age 31 in District 5, Worcester Co.
1870 MD Census, Listed as age 45 in Salisbury, Wicomico Co.