Thomas Carey 1
- Born: 1794, Worcester Co., MD
- Marriage (1): Elizabeth McGrath on 27 Jun 1820 in Worcester Co., MD
- Died: 20 Sep 1847-02 Nov 1847, Worcester Co., MD
Thomas Carey wrote his will on Sep 20 1847 and it was proven Nov 2 1847 in Worcester Co., MD on with the following provisions:
- To beloved wife Elizabeth, my home place I bought of Matthias Toadvine also land I bought of Levin Morris's wife Nancy's heirs during her widowhood
- To son Michael Carey, all the lands that i bought of the heirs of Levin Morris's wife Nancy at the death of my wife.
- To son William Handy Carey, my home place at the death of my wife and he to stay with his mother
- To daughter Ann Maria Fields, $100
- To daughter Elizabeth, one bed and furniture and $175
- To daughter Mary Jane Carey, one bed and furniture and $125
- To daughter Charlotte, one bed and furniture and $125
- To daughter Martha Carey, one bed and furniture and $125
My saw mill and stream one half acre of land on NE side of mill dam once the lands I bought of Levin Morris, to be sold to pay my daughters their money. The land is adjoining William McGrath, Samuel Hitch and Levin Pollitt. Wife Elizabeth to be executrix.
Witnesses: Ebenezer Disharoon, Jacob Bell, Ursula C. Disharoon (WoW-1833/50:363)
Thomas married Elizabeth McGrath, daughter of John McGrath and Nancy Anne Smith, on 27 Jun 1820 in Worcester Co., MD. (Elizabeth McGrath was born in 1801 in Worcester Co., MD 2 and died in 1850 in Worcester Co., MD.)