James Hardy Jr.
- Born: 1701, Somerset Co., MD
- Marriage (1): Elizabeth Trone on 08 May 1723 in Somerset Co., MD 1
- Marriage (2): Susanna Huffington about 1753 in MD
- Died: 06 May 1756-02 Jul 1756, Worcester Co., MD
On Feb 12 1729, James Hardy and Elizabeth his wife sell 150a of "Barbers Rest" and 50a "Barbers Addition" to Christopher Piper (SoLR-SH:125). In the November court of 1731, James Hardy made a deposition as, "The deposition of James Hardy aged thirty Years or thereabouts being Sworn upon the holy Evangelist &.c Saith that at this place being the place upon the River Side above mentioned in the former deposition where now is Set a Ceader post marked with Sixteen Notches his father James Hardy told him it was the first bounder of his Land Called Barbers Rest and devided between him and the Land of Richard Hull and further Saith not." (SoJ-1730/33:135)
Wills 30:135. James Hardy of Worcester Co, planter written May 6 May 1756 and proven Jul 2 1756. - To Susannah, my well-beloved wife, riding saddle and third part of estate.
- To son Isaac, my now dwelling plantation [described as near the Cypress Swamp].
- Son William 10 pounds current money and land to west of Isaac's [described generally]; also William to serve as apprentice to John Claypoole until 18 in the trade of a taylor.
- To grandsons James and William Jones, sons of Matthias Jones.
- To daughter Temperance Jones, wife of Matthias.
- Remainder to be divided equally among my five children: Isaac and William and daughters Mary Claypoole (wife of John) and _Ayn [?] and Acworth. Wife and son Isaac executors. Test: Joseph Collins, Esther Tully and Jonathan Bell (WoW-1742/59:171)
James married Elizabeth Trone on 08 May 1723 in Somerset Co., MD.1 (Elizabeth Trone died before 1753 in MD.)
James next married Susanna Huffington, daughter of John Huffington Sr. and Mary Jane Carlilse, about 1753 in MD. (Susanna Huffington was born about 1710 in Somerset Co., MD and died before 11 Feb 1762 in Somerset Co., MD.)