Tubman Lankford 2
- Born: Abt 1770, Somerset Co., MD 1
- Marriage (1): Amelia (Betsy) Hayman about 1790 in Somerset Co., MD 1
- Died: 13 May 1842, Somerset Co., MD 1 3 4
In the 1800 census, Tubman Lankford is head of household in Dividing Creek Hundred, Somerset Co., MD as 11010-11010 (first "1" is uncertain) and close neighbors with Smullen, Maddox, Harris families.
Tubman Lankford wrote his will on May 11 1842 and it was proven in Somerset Co., MD on May 16 1842
- To son Hiram, negro girl Henrietta (Hennie)
- To son Littleton, negro man Joc, negro boy Robert
- To daughter Sarah Pusey, negro woman Ann and negro boy Daniel
- To daughter Molly Hitch, negro girl Leah an dnegro boy Caleb
- To daughter Nelly Lankford, negro girl Milly and bed/furniture
- To granddaughter Rebecca Hitch, d/o Benjamin P. Hitch, cow and bed/furniture
- To wife Amelia, all my real estate for her life then to son Joshua also negro woman Sarah, negro men Nathan and Henry
- To son Joshua to be executor
Witnesses: William W. Handy, James R. Stewart, William L. Polk (SoW-JP5:69)
Tubman married Amelia (Betsy) Hayman about 1790 in Somerset Co., MD.1 (Amelia (Betsy) Hayman was born about 1772 in Somerset Co., MD 1 5 and died on 17 Nov 1859-10 Dec 1861 in Somerset Co., MD.)
Family Group Sheets sent by Paul E. Hitch, dated 1/18/95.
"Lankfords of Annamessex" by Leslie Powell Dryden, Wicomico County Library.
Somerset Co., MD Wills, Hall of Records, Annapolis, MD.
Correspondence from Lois Thorp; 25 Salem Street, PO Box 599; Elmer, NJ 08318-0599; dated February 26, 1998, Copy of Bible Records of the Lankford Family.
1850 MD Census, Listed as age 68 in the 1850 Princess Anne, Somerset Co., MD Census.