- Born: 1799, Worcester Co., MD 2
- Marriage (1): Sarah Melson on 05 Mar 1827 in Worcester Co., MD 1
- Died: Bef 07 Sep 1869, Wicomico Co., MD
Joseph Hearn wrote his will on May 8 1866 and it was proven in Wicomico Co., MD on Sep 7 1869:
- To eldest son Brinkley - the farm purchased of Henry Mills in 1849 and the farm where Brinkley now lives
- To son Samuel - farm bought at public sale from Thomas Smith administrator of the estate of Henry Mills which is called the Herron Place and contains about 135 acres
- To youngest son Elijah S. farm where I now live bought of Peter G. Hearn being about 207 acres
- To daughter Irena Hearn $500
Executor: wife Sally and son Elijah
Witnesses: Ebenezer White, George H. Jackson, William A. Olliphant (WiW-WB1:40)
Joseph married Sarah Melson, daughter of Samuel Cannon Melson and Grace Maddux, on 05 Mar 1827 in Worcester Co., MD.1 (Sarah Melson was born in 1807 in Worcester Co., MD 3 and died on 27 Mar 1899 in Wicomico Co., MD.)
Worcester Co., MD Marriage Records.
1850 MD Census, Listed as age 51 in District 5, Worcester Co.
1850 MD Census, Listed as age 43 in District 5, Worcester Co.